Preparation Time: 8 Hours 10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 60 Minutes
Spice level: 3 chilies
1 cup of Laxmi Kala Chana
3 cups water for soaking black chickpeas
1 medium size onion
1 large tomato
4 to 5 teaspoon Laxmi Garlic Paste
1 to 2 green chili
1 teaspoon Laxmi Cumin Seeds
½ teaspoon Laxmi Red Chili Powder
½ teaspoon Laxmi Garam Masala
¼ teaspoon Laxmi Turmeric
1 pinch of asafetida
2 tablespoon Laxmi Ghee
salt as required
1. Soak the Laxmi Kala Chana overnight or for 89 hours.
2. In a pressure cooker, add 2 tbsp. of Laxmi Ghee Add Laxmi Cumin Seeds, crackle them and then add finely chopped onions. Sauté the onions till they become light golden.
3. Add Laxmi Garlic Paste, green chili and sauté for 1520 seconds. Add finely chopped tomatoes and sauté them till the oil starts leaving from the sides of the onion tomato masala.
4. Add the Laxmi Turmeric Powder, asafetida, Laxmi Red Chili Powder and sauté for 23 seconds. Add the Laxmi Kala Chana along with all of the water. season with salt and stir well.
5. Pressure cook on a medium to high flame for 89 whistles or more till the chickpeas are cooked well and softened.
6. Lastly sprinkle the Laxmi Garam Masala and stir, garnish the kala chana curry with coriander leaves.
7. Serve the kala chana curry with steamed rice, rotis or chappati.