Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 65 Minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Spice level: 0 chilies
1. Thoroughly sift together all-purpose flour, semolina flour, and pinch of salt.
2. On a clean surface, make a mountain out of flour mixture then make a deep well in center. Break the eggs into the well and add olive oil.
3. Whisk eggs very gently with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from the sides of the well. When mixture becomes too thick to mix with a fork, begin kneading with your hands. Knead dough for 8 to 12 minutes, until it is smooth and supple.
4. Dust dough and work surface with semolina as needed to keep dough from becoming sticky. Wrap dough tightly in plastic and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out dough with a pasta machine or a rolling pin to desired thickness. Cut into your favorite style of noodle or stuff with your favorite filling to make ravioli.
6. Bring water to a boil in a large pot, then add 4 teaspoons salt. Cook pasta until tender but not mushy, 1 to 8 minutes depending on thickness.
7. Drain immediately and toss with your favorite sauce.