Laxmi White Basmati Rice
Laxmi White Basmati Rice is pure, fresh, and wholesome. Grown in the Himalayas and Pakistan. Basmati Rice is a long grain rice that is characterized by a light nutty flavor. Use in traditional Indian dishes or substitute for any rice dish. Available in 4lb and 10lb packages. Our Laxmi Basmati Rice will be a perfect complement to any meal.
Delicious to use in:
- Stir Fry
- Soups & Stews
White Basmati Rice
2 cups Laxmi Basmati Rice (500 ml)
3 cups boiling water (750 ml)
Salt to taste
- Rinse the rice: Using a strainer, rinse the rice under cold, running water.
- Soak the rice (optional): Place the rice in a large bowlful of cold water, and let it soak for 30 minutes to an hour. You can skip this step, but it helps make softer rice.
- Transfer rice to a heavy based sauce pot with lid: If you’ve been soaking the rice, drain it well. Transfer it to the sauce pot with a pinch of salt.
- Pour boiling water over the rice: Boil water in a kettle or pot, measure out 3 cups of boiling water and pour over the rice.
- Bring to a simmer, then cover with foil and the lid: Set the pot over medium-high heat. When the water starts boiling and steaming again, cover the pot tightly with aluminum foil, crimping the edges around the rim of the pot (so that no steam escapes), and then place the lid on top.
- Reduce heat and cook the rice: Turn down the heat to just above it’s lowest setting and let the rice cook for 15 minutes undisturbed.
- Remove from heat and steam for 5 minutes: After 15 minutes, remove the pot from heat. With the lid still on (no peeking!), let the rice steam another 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice and serve: Uncover the rice, fluff it up with a fork and serve.