Preparation Time: 8 Hours
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
Makes: 4-6 Servings
Spice level: 0 chilies
1 pound dried Laxmi Kabuli Chana
1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1. Place the kabuli chana in a medium bowl and cover with 2 inches of water. Soak overnight. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Drain them, return to the mixing bowl, and set aside. Place 1/4 cup vinegar, mustard, and 1 teaspoon salt into a small lidded container and shake vigorously to combine.
3. Add the olive oil and shake to combine. Pour the dressing over them and toss to combine. Spread them on a half sheet pan and roast until they are deep golden brown and crunchy, tossing every 15 minutes, for 60 to 65 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, return to the mixing bowl, add the remaining vinegar and salt, and toss to combine.
5. Transfer back to the sheet pan and spread out to cool completely before serving as a snack.